New Scudo is available for ordering. New Scudo, after E-Ducato, is the second Fiat Professional commercial vehicle also available in an electric version. This is another important step in Fiat Electric journey.
- Best-in-class BEV offering to tackle professional uses with no compromises. Fitted with a 50- or 75-kWh battery, the New E-Scudo is best-in-class in terms of range, with up to 330 km (WLTP)
The New Scudo is a modern and evolved vehicle, now based on the Stellantis mid-van platform, is available with a 100% electric powertrain and with last generation diesel engine. The New Scudo thus becomes Fiat Professional’s second commercial vehicle also available in an electric version, joining the E-Ducato, launched in April this year. A wider range to meet the needs of a varied clientele made up of real professionals, who live their vehicle first and foremost as a work tool and a source of income.
Precisely to meet such needs, the New Scudo comes with a series of features to make it the best in its class.
The New Scudo opens its ordering in the main European markets from mid-December. Fiat Professional once again takes a leading role in the light van D-segment, returning to the historical name of the vehicle produced until 2016 at the Stellantis plant in Hordain, France, to replace the Talento.
Full BEV with no compromise
The manifesto for the Scudo’s “uncompromising” approach lies in the features of the Electric version, best-in-class range of up to 330 km in the WLTP cycle, ideal for those who work in the city and inner suburbs.
The zero-emissions version also boasts unique flexibility from the perspective of the client’s mission, with two battery sizes – 50 and 75 kWh, an AC charging capacity of up to 11 kW, and up to 100 kW in DC, to charge the more capacious battery to 80% in just 45 minutes.
Load capacity do not change whatever is the powertrain, and payload in the core of the segment: up to 6,6 m3 loading bay volume, payload up to over 1 t and likewise, a towing capacity of 1 t.
Professional use wiht car like driving
The target audience is professionals who use their vehicle for 8 hours or more per day; another aspect carefully considered in the design phase was therefore comfort. The aim of the New Scudo is to offer a stress-free experience at work, via various measures such as a car-like driving position, top level soundproofing, to minimize jolts and vibrations.
- Compact external dimensions, less than 5 meter length for the core version and 1,9 m height made Scudo suitable for all-purpose use, ensuring the agility necessary in the urban environment
- Head up display is delivering key information without driver distraction and reducing stress
- The Car-like driving position ensure an excellent comfort level, while the seat elevated position ensure optimal road visibility. Easy accessibility is ensured by an ergonomic step in the cabin.
- The Road holding, comfort and suspension filtering are ensured in all the driving conditions thanks to the four independent wheel suspensions (reinforced McPherson front axle with anti-roll bar and oblique wishbone trailing arms for the rear axle) enhancing variable stiffness springs, with load adaptive variable damping (AMVAC) shock absorbers, a system which varies the damping with the vehicle’s ride height.